Friday, February 1, 2008

When 3 Year Olds Are Supposed to Be Asleep

The other night I put the kids to bed.  I still do not have Lil to the point where she will go to sleep without me in the room.  She is a repeat offender of getting out of her bed, annoying her sisters, the whole bit.  So, for now, it is just easier if I sit in the floor. 

She was very quiet, laying on her side, giving all appearances of being asleep so I left the room.  James was watching TV so I hopped in the shower.  When I got out of the shower I saw that the girls' door was wide open.  I finished up in the bathroom and went to make sure she was still in bed.  Monkey was in the bottom bunk, no Lil.  So I stepped up and looked in the top bunk.  1 Lulu, 0 Lil.  I went in the living room to ask James where Lil was.  He said, "She's not in bed?!?"  As I turned around I was greeted with this coming down the hall.



While she was supposed to be sleeping, she was in the dark school room coloring her arms and hands with a marker.   She never ceases to amaze me with the workings of her brain!

***Side Note ***  Lulu just came in the room to read this post.  At the top I had that I jumped in the shower.  She informed me that it would make more sense to say that I hopped in the shower.   I would have hated to have made that mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment