Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our Curriculum for 2008-2009

Lulu is in 3rd grade this year, Monkey is in 2nd grade, and Lil is in Preschool. We will be using Ambleside Online for our History, Literature, and Poetry readings. I want to implement more of Charlotte Mason's way of doing things. I really hope to do more nature study, artist study and composer study. What changes I have made so far the girls really seem to be responding well to.
Curriculum For All
Bible - The girls do their own readings each day. Lulu is currently reading through the New Testament. Monkey is starting in the Old Testament.
Artist Study - Van Gogh, Michelangelo
Composer Study - Beethoven, Mozart
Geography - Tree in the Trail, Seabird
Chemistry Experiments - Molecules
Science - Pagoo
Nature Study
Parables from Nature
Poetry - Walter de la Mare, Eugene Field, James Whitcomb Riley
Shakespeare
Handicrafts - Spool knitting, crocheting, knitting, painting, etc.
History For All
This Country of Ours
Our Island Story
A Child's History of the World
Trial and Triumph (Church History)
Lulu's Curriculum
RigthStart Mathematics Level C / D
Daily Grams 3
Copywork - Cursive
Spelling Workout Level D
Touch Typing
Monkey's Curriculum
RigthStart Mathematics Level C
Saxon Phonics 2
Daily Grams 2
Copywork - Print, Learning Cursive
Spelling Workout Level B
Lil's Curriculum
Rod and Staff Preschool Books
ABC Notebook
Felt Stories
Preschool Activities in a Bag
Updated 1-31-09: We are having such a good school year. We are really enjoying the readings from Ambleside. I feel inadequate at times with what we do. But I know we are progressing and I hope to do even better next year.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You've won the family of homeschool t-shirts from Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and Homeschool Boutique! You have until midnight Thursday, July 9 to contact me to discuss the details of collecting your prize. Please contact me through the email address on my blog.

    I'll make the "official" announcement on my blog tomorrow. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete