Saturday, April 5, 2008

Looking Forward



What are your goals for home education? What do you hope to instill in your children? Are you planning any changes to how you educate your children?

My goals for home education are pretty simple. 
           
1.      I want my girls to know Jesus as their personal Savior.
2.      I want them to be knowledgeable in the Word.
3.      I want them to have a servant’s heart.
4.      I want them to know how to learn, how to find the answers they are seeking, and how to ask for help.
5.      I want them to love learning!

I hope to be able to teach my girls what it means to be a godly woman, modest, humble, and submissive.  It is my desire that my girls will desire to be a help meet to their husbands and stay home with their children.  I pray that they will see those two things as their main ministry.

I am planning to implement more of Charlotte Mason’s teachings.  I have been researching different ways to accomplish a CM education.  It will mean lots of changes for us next year.  I am stumped right now about history and science.  I like the four year cycle from WTM.  So I still have decisions to make.  Remember, this is not easy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment