Friday, April 4, 2008

In Their Own Words



Share your children’s home education experience in their own words. What have they said about their education? What are their likes and dislikes? Share some stories, some quotes, or turn your blog over to your children for the day.

I gave the girls a writing assignment for this one.  I told them to write about why they liked being homeschooled.  They posted their responses on their blogs.

Lulu(8) said: "
I like homeschooling because I'm taught what's right and not what's wrong.  I get to spend time with my mom and my sisters.  The last thing I like is that my mom is there to help me whenever I get confused on something."

Monkey(6) said: "
I like homeschool because you get to be with your family.  It is fun.  My teacher is my mom.  It is fun.  I like to do school with my sister and my mom.  My mom is the best teacher.  I like my mom and my sisters."

Lil(3) said: "I like to go out in the rain."  Once again, I'm not too sure how her brain works...

One day we were heading to the grocery store because a big ice storm was headed our way.  We went in the middle of the day while public school was supposed to be in.  As we were sitting at the light school buses drove past us.  I said, "I guess they went ahead and released the kids from school."  From the back seat Monkey says, "Does that mean we don't have to finish school when we get home?".  My response was, "Yes, you have to finish school!".  Monkey says, "That's not fair.  I wish I was public schooled today."  Too which I replied, "Yeah, but you would not wish that at 6:00 in the morning when you would have to get out of bed."

No comments:

Post a Comment