Thursday, March 12, 2009

Esther - week 9

I finished my study of Esther last week.  It was very good.  I highly recommend Beth Moore's Bible Studies.  She speaks to the heart of women.  You will grow and learn, that's for sure.

In chapter nine of Esther we find out that they Jews are defending themselves against those in the Persian Empire that want to destroy them.  God gave them victory over their enemies.

Great quotes to me in week nine are:
"When Satan has much to gain, he also has much to lose.  His every scheme against a child of God is a gamble."  Beth Moore, pg. 202

"No matter what life - or Satan himself - hands us, the favor God has on His children causes that "lot" to tumble out on the table in such a way that, instead of destruction, the child will discover that her portion turned into destiny one trusting step at a time."  Beth Moore, pg. 208

"Getting the credit is the wrong reason to do the right thing."  Beth Moore, pg. 213

That last one goes right to your heart.  It did mine anyway.  This last week spoke to me about motives.  What are my motives for doing the things I do?  I pray that I act with the right motives.  I know in the past I have not always done that.  I don't want to do something for an earthly treasure that will one day rot away.  Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:19-21:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."


No comments:

Post a Comment