Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Six Today!!!


Happy Birthday Monkey!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe she is already six.  I know we, as parents, say that every year.  But time passes by so quickly when you add children to your family.  It seemed like my first nine months of being pregnant with Lulu took forever.  Now my 'middler' is six.  She was my longest labor...36 1/2 hours.  I would do it all over again to have her sweet spirit in our home. 

For those of you that know her personally, you know that Monkey is very determined.  She has a mind of her own.  Sometimes this is good for her and other times not so good.  But when I look at her I see a strong lady for God developing.  She knows what she believes, what she wants and often times how she is going to get it.  I can see God using her in mighty ways as she grows older and more mature.  She fears very few things.  She does not give up easily.  She is also a protector.  I remember a year ago when a girl bigger than her that she did not know took something away from Lil.  Monkey put her hands on her hips and in her best mother tone said, "You don't take things from my baby sister!".   She even told her twice....

Monkey is also my child that you can find strolling around the house singing praise songs to her Lord that she herself has made up for Him.  I know that Jesus smiles every time Monkey sings to Him.  She loves her family, loves her church and is quick to let us know.

So today is her day.  She woke up this morning and sang, "Yeah...no school today, no school today!"  Lulu and I even did her chores for her.  She was very excited about that too.  In a little while we will start her cake.  She wants to make it.  Tonight our family is coming over to celebrate with her.  In a couple weeks her and Lulu are having a big party with their friends to celebrate both of their birthdays.  I will put some pictures up of that.  We are renting a jumping castle with a slide.  It should be lots of fun!


Lord I thank you for every day you have given me with Monkey.  I thank you that when she was born she was healthy.  You have always provided for her and I know you always will.  Thank you for choosing me to be her mother.  Even on the hard days I give you thanks.  She is yours and you have only lent her to me.  Help me to raise her for you.  Help me to know how to teach her, what and when.  Help me Lord to model for her a godly wife and mother.  Help me to love her with unconditional love.  She is a blessing and help me to treat her as such.  In Jesus' name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment